Home Forums Contemplative Prayer Forum Welcoming Prayer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Francis Calvert
    Participant

When meditating I find it difficult to avoid any distractions, welcoming prayer when practiced correctly seems to help one deal with that issue. I love the concept of welcoming God into my meditation and this seems to be a very good way to do that. although I guess all forms of Christian meditation have that as a goal. It is clear contemplative prayer is something that needs to be practiced a lot, it does not happen overnight. I certainly seem to have a lot to take in and deal with which in time I will do.

Dennis Halfhill
    Participant

I certainly agree with you Francis that welcoming and contemplative prayers take a lot of practice. They truly do not just happen. You have to work at them. But, the rewards for working at using these prayer forms are great. I find that giving my surroundings and distractions to God is very healthy. I’m working at truly letting go of my need for power, control and security. I’ve been working for years at accepting God’s will before my own, and I acknowledge that accepting that He is in control of my world brings a great release from much of my daily stress. And yes, I’m feeling much more physically and spiritually closer to the Holy Trinity then I have ever felt before.
    Pray for me and I will pray for you.

Joseph Hain
    Participant

I agree that these practices take a lot of training. Mediative and contemplative methods are tedious(no matter how simple they are advertised) to do well. With enough practice and with the help of the Holy Spirit can become less hard. It pays off as you get better as you start to feel good physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.