Home Forums Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Forum Welcome to the Forum!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Danny
    Keymaster

Welcome! I pray this is an exciting and refreshing journey. This course of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality was prepared by Peter Scazzero after he crashed into a wall, a crisis of belief, that threatened his faith. He discovered two things; his system of faith was failing him – and – he discovered faith nurtured through ancient formations of monastic rhythms. He remains a pastor in his non-denominational church in Nee York City, but the energy of his faith and ministry are fueled by early Christian practices. I pray that you will be inspired and energized through this study.

In Him,
    Fr. Dan, OSB

Margaret Hoggard
    Participant

Thank you for making the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality course available. I just received my course materials, and I am intrigued by what I have read so far. Once I am able to navigate the Web resources, I look forward to being to complete the assignments and participate with a learning community in pursuing the study of this very important topic.

Blessings,
    Maggie

Danny
    Keymaster

Welcome Maggie! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through the forum or via e-mail. You can send messages to dan@christmission.us. I pray the course is beneficial to you. I was impressed with Jerry’s lessons.

Grace and peace,
    Fr. Dan, OSB

Margaret Hoggard
    Participant

Thank you, Fr. Dan. It’s a pleasure to studying under your guidance. I deeply value our shared course experiences at Trinity Theological Seminary and all I learned from being in the same cohort with you. I just want to check that I have all of the resources that I need for the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality course. The texts make reference to video segments. Should I also be viewing these, and if so, are these available online or do I need to purchase a DVD? I did find the intro on YouTube at https://youtu.be/IZGWOu8mYUo and Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course – Session 1 at https://youtu.be/895hXe7KMOw, but the other seven sessions of the course with Peter Scazzero don’t seem to be available there.

Blessings,
    Maggie

Danny
    Keymaster

Maggie, it is wonderful to be studying with you again. No, you don’t need to order the dvd. I include each of his videos at the beginning of each lesson. So, as you go through the study, the materials should be there. Each lesson has 3 assignments, a reading & video, posting with fellow students (if they are there, and if not then I will discuss the lessons with you), and a journaling assignment. The end of lesson quiz is very simple. It is intended to be an accountability tool to see that you have completed all assignments. Looking forward to working with you again.

In Him,
    Dan+

Margaret Hoggard
    Participant

Thank you for the explanation.
    Maggie

Dillon Ekle
    Participant

Hello!

I am just writing this as a brief introduction. I am excited to begin this course and see how Peter’s approach to spiritual health may apply to my life!

I’m a lifelong Anglican and went to a Christian K-12 school, and I grew up in a Christian family, so I have been surrounded by the opportunity to learn about and be with God for most of my life. Yet I’ve become increasingly aware of a distance between me and God, and a kind of deafness in my faith. Not uncertainty, but rather a lack, on my part, of listening and waiting, instead just plowing in with life without making the space to hear him speak.

On that note, this course seems perfect for the situation!

I can’t wait to see how he will move in my spirit in the coming weeks!

-Dillon

carol newbern
    Participant

Thank you Abbot Dan for your welcome. I’m looking forward to this journey. Thank you again for creating a welcoming and easy to follow format. As one who overcomplicates virtually everything… this is refreshing to just put one foot in front of the other as your guidelines lead.

Blessings, carol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.