Home Forums Crafting a Rule of Life Forum MHoggard_Lesson3_God-Given Gifts

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Margaret Hoggard
    Participant

Response
    6) In the coming week, how will you lean into the joy of developing your skills and gifts for the benefits of others?

How I can use my skills and gifts for the benefits of others is a question I have been pondering for some time. I mentioned in the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality course offered by Christ Mission Academy that I have a health condition, Trigeminal Neuralgia, which has placed limits on my ability to function as well as I once could. One result is that I took early retirement from my vocation as a college writing instructor, since speaking is one of the many triggers for the excruciatingly painful spasms that this condition entails. I can manage to be productive in other ways, and I have taken several faith-based courses over the past three years as well, but considering how to still be of service to God has been a major concern. Since starting Crafting a Rule of Life, I have finished (via distance education) a chaplaincy certification and had an academic review of my coursework at Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary, which has led to a post-graduate certificate in Christian Education. As well, I will be working on finally completing my dissertation there in Christian Education by April of 2020 (God willing). One of the areas where I feel my gifts are the strongest is in encouraging and supporting others to develop their own gifts and express their spirituality in creative ways. For some time, I have been praying for guidance and not getting any clear direction but trusting that God was leading me to where He wanted me to go. Remarkably, the path that has just opened up ties all of my seemingly disconnected activities together and points to providing support and resources in the area spiritual growth and direction. I will be looking at ways I can offer this support to others, whether through providing online support through an existing resource or developing something on my own, and/or perhaps through writing for publication. It is very exciting (and a huge relief) to have this answer to my prayer.

Blessings,
    Maggie Hoggard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.