Home Forums Discover Healing through Grief Forum Lesson_4_M_Hoggard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Margaret Hoggard
    Participant

In Book Four of Journeying Through Grief, Remembering and Rebuilding, Kenneth C. Haugk speaks of the importance of finding people who will help us heal as we move through the grieving process. The characteristics he describes with the acronym HEAL also serve as an important guideline for responding to the suffering of others. As a result of this course, I am considering ways in which I can open myself up to others who will support me in healthy ways. Another outcome of this course for me will be to develop and exercise these characteristics more mindfully to help others with their suffering: Here for others; Empathetic towards them; Accepting of them; and Listening ears for them. It seems to me that these are important qualities to nurture in all relationships and all circumstances, not just in dealing with grief. As the anniversary of my father’s death on April 21 approaches, my brother, sister, and I will plan something to help each other and my mother honor him. One thing I had forgotten doing was putting together an album of his life achievements for Mom the year after he died. This course led me to realize the significance of providing that for her, and I think further honoring him will bring comfort to all of us.

Dr. Nobles, thank you for offering this wonderful learning opportunity. God bless you for facilitating it! May other students feel His love and peace as they complete this course.

Blessings,
    Maggie Hoggard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.