Home Forums Contemplative Prayer Forum Lectio Divina

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Francis Calvert
    Participant

As I considered the passage read I found myself immersed in the story, it was as if I was there sitting with Jesus. I felt a peace, knowing that he is going to feed me. The passage became real to me in a way that I have not experienced before. I have read the Bible many times but this is giving me a way of experiencing scripture that I have not had before.

Dennis Halfhill
    Participant

Francis:

At first I imagined my self as one of Jesus’ disciples; but, then my perspective changed, and I was one of the crowd who had come from far away to hear him speak. I felt my hunger pangs from going for 3 days with little or know food. I could see that my surroundings were desolate, far away from anywhere that I could purchase food. Then I saw Jesus take loafs of bread tear them in half and give them to his disciples to hand out to the crowd. Then he took some fish, blessed them and asked his disciples to give them to the crowd. The bread I ate and the fish were the best that I ever had tasted, and I was amazed how much was left over after everybody had eaten their fill.
    Then Jesus sent us away to share the message he had told us and the miracle that we witnessed.

Joseph Hain
    Participant

Frances,
    I did place myself in the position of one of Christ’s disciples. Unfortunately this was sometimes interrupted due to not being able to fully practice this in a quiet setting. I pictured myself asking Jesus what shall we do with the people as they had no food.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.