Home Forums Contemplative Prayer Forum How much have I considered the instruments I need in relation to knowing God.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Francis Calvert
    Participant

I try each day to spend time with God, indeed it is the focus of my day. I start by doing the daily office although I do not always manage all of ti depending on how my health is that day. I am learning how to pray the office and not just say it. I find that difficult at times. Scripture is essential to a greater understanding of where I am in relation to God. I need to truly reflect on scripture and take it to heart. approach it humbly. My circumstances often throw up challenges as to how I relate to God, when times are difficult it can be very easy to be disheartened and wonder where God is, Scripture though shows us plenty of examples where people are picked up and helped through the bad times. I need to remember that. Spending time in fellowship with other believers is essential and I do try and do that, whether it is in person or on social media. That is necessary for me to understand my relationship with God.

Joseph Hain
    Participant

Hi Frances, great response to the assignment. I do like what you said about scripture and how we are helped in bad times. I agree that fellowship does help

Jerry Hudson
    Participant

This is a wonderful and honest response, Francis. I, too, worry about those “dry” times in prayer, those times where I don’t feel fully connected to God and am basically reading more than praying the Office, for example. I used to think this was dishonorable, but today I believe that God recognizes it as a sacrifice – praying when I don’t necessarily feel like praying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.