Home Forums Contemplative Prayer Forum Centering Prayer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Francis Calvert
    Participant

During this session of centering prayer I encountered a deep and abiding sense of peace, I could feel God touching me as I contemplated him as Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals. Right now I need a lot of healing owing to my mental and physical health issues. I heard God telling me to trust him and that he will guide me’like St Paul I am stronger through my weakness, I just need to trust God more. I was challenged in the sense that I must daily put my trust in him, put aside any doubts and worldly concerns and spend time with God, only he can truly help me through the situation I find myself in. I am the kind of person who questions everything I need to learn how to simply trust, that at times goes against my nature but it is something I am going to have to work on. I experienced my body and my senses becoming more at peace, my senses were tuned into a different frequency, God’s frequency it was a real sense of feeling comfortable in myself.

Joseph Hain
    Participant

The experience itself is incredible. I agree with what you said about tuning into God’s frequency. God’s frequency is powerful and peaceful.

S_Shel
    Participant

It seems counterproductive to spend long amounts of time with God in silence when there is so much to worry about and think about and do. At least that is what I’ve been tempted to think. When I’ve had times of anxiety and confusion about decisions or various difficulties in life I can fight against the need to just rest and trust God. Yet, I’ve learned how vital this is and how wonderful it is to spend that quiet time in His presence.

jennifer.tysol
    Participant

“Be still, and know I am God,” Psalm 46:10.This seems simple. But for me to practice it is a challenge when I am easily distracted by my own thoughts. I agree that it seems counterproductive but God has called for stillness. He knows we need rest and cannot solve every problem. This is why I must lean on God.

jennifer.tysol
    Participant

“Be still, and know I am God,” Psalm 46:10.This seems simple. But for me to practice it is a challenge when I am easily distracted by my own thoughts. I agree that it seems counterproductive but God has called for stillness. He knows we need rest and cannot solve every problem. This is why I must lean on God.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.