Home Forums Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Forum carol newbern lesson 6

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    carol newbern
    Participant

Good Morning, Blessed Christmas Eve.

The Merton quote that we do violence to our souls by choosing to NOT stop struck me. I have an attentiveness to God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit most of the time. I liken it to being in love with someone and everything reminds you of them. (I am not saying I feel all that Holy because of this…and I want to remain vigilant that it is His voice I hear and not my own desires or rationalizations.)
    I have danced around the edges of a Daily Office discipline. I believe the intentional stopping with scripture at the center is becoming more and more a “want to” than a “have to”. I believe there is wisdom and safety in this.

Blessings, carol

carol newbern
    Participant

Hello again, I wanted to commend 2 books that have helped lay a foundation and nudge me toward a more intentional rule of life. (When I signed up…I didn’t realize this Emotionally Healthy Spirituality course emphasized Daily Office and Sabbath…one more nudge:)

“The Book of NOT SO COMMON Prayer” by Linda McCullough Moore
    “Seeking God The Way of St. Benedict” by Esther de Waal

Blessings, carol

Danny
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions! We actually use Sister Esther de Waal’s book as an introduction for our postulants in our Order. I will look at The Book of NOT SO COMMON Prayer. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.