Home Forums Crafting a Rule of Life Forum BrianIpock_Lsn4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian Ipock
    Participant

Harold John Ockenga and his friends has a passion to reclaim the culture, renew the mind, and reach the world. Which of these areas are you most drawn to? If not one of these, is there another area that tugs at your heart? Why?

I’m actually drawn to something completely different, to stay and pray. My charism is not that of an evangelist, it’s monastic. Prayer effects the outside world. It is an amazing gift from God that he uses to engage us in the process of healing, consoling, and well… too many things to list. As a monastic we enter into a state of stability, forgoing other things that could get in the way, and we pray. Prayer and a life of contemplation is what I desire.

jeffrbassett
    Participant

Brian, it is wonderful to hear how clear you are on this point. Unfortunately, the evangelical movement that Ockenga helped start doesn’t have space for this kind of life.

I don’t know your story, but I am glad that you have come to this kind of clarity. The world (my world) is better for your vocation.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by jeffrbassett.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.