Home Forums Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Forum BrianIpock_Lsn1 Symptoms

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brian Ipock
    Participant

The two symptoms that jump out at me are: 8. Covering over brokenness, weakness, and failure and 10. Judging other people’s spiritual journey. That’s very hard to admit, and very uncomfortable to think about how these particular two have effected my spiritual life.

– Covering over…. Soldier on my boy! Never let them see you bleed. I don’t remember who told me those two things, but the ideas took deep root. I have spent basically all of my life sucking it up and putting one foot in front of the other. Emotions are for woman, keep it to yourself and get the job done. Stop being weak! Those are the kind of thoughts that would often run through my head for many years. Inside all that stuff was festering and rotting. It had to come out eventually, and believe me it did. There’s been a lot of healing and work I’ve had to do since that bomb dropped, believe me. I’m still not where I need to be.

-Judging…. I could very well just leave this one at judging. Let’s face it I’ve often been a judgemental #&$@. This is especially true about other people’s spiritual journeys. Oh good if you could see the thoughts running through my head when someone talked about their “watered down, heretical low church denomination.” Or even worse, non-denominational affiliation!!!! There was absolutely no love of Christ there at all. It’s very embarrassing to look back at how I was. I was an elitist religion snob. Please folks, never become like that. It is horrible.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.